Thursday, March 14, 2013

London: V&A


I went to the Victoria and Albert museum, and loved it.  It was similar to the National Gallery in Scotland in that it was a huge building that seemed to make very little sense in terms of where things were placed.  Nevertheless, I found plenty to interest myself.  There was an exhibit on fashion that I really enjoyed, as well as rooms depicting the average life of Londoners through the ages.  




This may have been one of the coolest pieces of art that I've ever seen.  It's called "Breathless", by Cornelia Parker.  She took one "British instrument", the brass band, and squashed it using another "British instrument , the tower bridge.  The result is hanging in between floors in the museum, and is symbolic of a ton of different ideas.  I enjoyed reading the description of the piece, as well as the 8 flat trombones.  How cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment