Saturday, March 16, 2013

London: Tourist destinations


During 10 days of spring break I hit 4 cities in the UK: Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen, and London.  By the time I got to London I was sick and tired of travelling.  I spent the first day and a half there curled up in my friend's dorm room, doing nothing more than eating, talking, and messing around on the internet.  I could be disappointed in myself for not taking advantage of that time to explore a new city.  I could.  But I won't.  I needed the time to relax, and I had a blast just spending time with my friend.  We spent most of Saturday doing touristy things, to make up for the rest of the week.  The truth is that it would take ages to see all that London has to offer.  I'm glad that we only spent one day touring; we could have worn ourselves out otherwise!  


We came out the tube station at Westminster, turned around and were greeted by this sight.  Hello, Big Ben!




House of Commons.  



The side of Westminster Abbey; there was a wedding going on in front, and I didn't want to be a creep and wander through that to take photos.  



Admiralty Arch



This is from the base of Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square; the column is so tall that I couldn't fit it in my camera from where we were standing!



National Gallery


It's the BBC!  Most exciting accidental landmark.



No comments:

Post a Comment