Sunday, March 24, 2013

It's all uphill...


This is my face right after I got home from a run this morning.  I've been trying to run consistently here.  Honestly, it isn't going too well.  Mostly I just run on the weekends.  I did a lot better during the first half of the semester, but now my motivation to get out of bed in the morning is waning.  

Segovia is the perfect place to go for a run.  They have all sorts of winding paths to choose from.  There's actually a marathon here that people from all over Spain come to run in.  There's only one problem: Segovia is built into hills.  This might be great for marathoners, but for amateur runners, it's not too fun.  The problem isn't just that the hills exist; my house is at the top of one of these hills. What this means is that no matter how I plan out my run, the last leg is all uphill.  So instead of pushing myself through the middle, I spend the whole run wondering if I'm going to make it up the last leg, trying to talk myself in to pushing through it.  Sometimes I make it, sometimes I don't.  

Today I didn't.  I ran a route that (oops) is about 70% uphill.  When I haven't run in a week, that's a little rough.  I've never made it all the way through this route.  Maybe next weekend..

No comments:

Post a Comment