Friday, March 8, 2013

Inverness: Riverwalk


Since Inverness is split in to two halves by the river, it makes sense that there are bridges connecting the two parts.  However, there's one other way to get across.  The city has marked out a River Walk, where you can follow signs to small foot bridges, to cross the river by hopping across a few tiny islands.  I think that this area is definitely one of the prettiest parks I've ever seen within a city.  It's also very well used; there were tons of locals running, biking, and walking their dogs while I was out.  Of course, I was walking there at 7:30 in the morning, which is prime park-going hour.  






In addition to being marked by signs, the path was marked by a string of overhead lights.  I'm very curious about whether or not they light them at night; I bet they would be very pretty.  Don't worry though, I'm not wandering around in the woods at night by myself in a strange town to find out.


I found Nessie!





No comments:

Post a Comment