Thursday, February 14, 2013

Portugal: Rainy day


For our last day in Portugal, the sun went in to hiding and it poured sideways for hours.  Emily and I hid out at the hostel, playing battleship for a while, and then wandered around when the rain lightened up.  We went to the grocery store, where she bought some coffee beans for her host family and I bought a full sized chocolate bar for 39 cents.  It's delicious, and I should have bought more.  

 We really didn't do anything touristy, but I had a really nice day just eating and relaxing.




Honestly, we spent most of the day eating.  Food is a big part of culture, right?  We started in a pastelria for cafe com leite (look, I'm learning portuguese!) and nata.  I am in love with nata.  I won't tell you how many I ate.  Please don't guess, either. 

Once we left there, the rain started to pick up again, so we hid out in a very swanky mcdonalds for an hour or so.  In case you're curious, the chicken nuggets taste the same.  

Después, we went to a cafe for lunch, and had bocadillos and vinho, as well as some more nata.  I do love food.


No comments:

Post a Comment