Friday, February 22, 2013

Necessities


If you plan on ever living in Spain, especially in a home stay, you will need a pair of slippers.  This sounds strange, because if you know me, you'd know that I hate wearing slippers.  However, from my experience most buildings aren't heated consistently here, and therefore the floors are very cold.  The host mothers also get mad if you don't wear slippers around the house.  They see wearing slippers as a way to keep your socks cleaner.  The last student who stayed here left these slippers, knowing that American students generally don't think to bring them.  I feel kind of bad, because I have larger feet than she did, and so I've effectively half destroyed them already.  I may just have to buy a pair to replace them and take these ones home...

No comments:

Post a Comment