Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hello!

I've been planning on starting a new blog to document my semester abroad for a while.  It occurred to me this weekend that I don't need to wait until I'm overseas to start writing.  So, without further ado, here's my new blog!  The purpose of this blog is to have a space to keep my family and friends updated on what's going on in my life once I'm halfway around the world.

As of today, I have 11 weeks until I leave for Spain.  In that time I'm hoping that a few things will happen.  First of all, I need to get all of my paperwork for study abroad finished.  This is quite a process, and is something that I've been working on since July.  Second, I need to start exploring the culture and the history of where I'm going to be staying.  I have a few ideas of how I'm going to do this, but haven't yet had the motivation to get moving.  Third, I can always use a little extra spanish practice.

This is where the blog comes in.  I hope that by having a space to write about what I'm learning I'll be more motivated to start putting some effort in to this.  My goal for the next 11 weeks is to keep a log of how the paperwork is going, to start exploring what I'm getting myself in to, and to write at least one post a week in Spanish.

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting sounding trip! My one and only wish for a different university experience was that there was an allowance for me to do a semester abroad.

    I'm heading to Spain next year to walk the Camino de Santiago, so I'll look forward to getting a little taste of what's in store from you!

    ReplyDelete